– New technology integrations between Dell EMC and VMware provide great value to mutual customers while simplifying and accelerating the delivery of IT services
– New and improved products and solutions encompass hyper-converged infrastructure, hybrid cloud platforms, data protection and all flash storage arrays
– Comprehensive approach provides greater performance on a large scale, optimizes data protection, simplifies management and optimizes storage resources
Dell EMC today announced major integrations and enhancements across its portfolio of solutions that support VMware. These enhancements help customers drive IT transformation initiatives to achieve digital transformation goals through software-defined data centers, converged infrastructures, and the hybrid cloud.
Customers have the ongoing need to transform their old infrastructure or run the risk of lagging behind the competition. According to the study of the 2016 IT Transformation Maturity Curve, which is commissioned by Dell EMC, the most advanced companies in their IT transformation initiatives achieve better competitiveness and better business results, optimize the efficiency of IT expenses, allow for more IT funds for new projects and innovation and reach higher levels of satisfaction among internal stakeholders.
To realize this vision of a digital future, IT transformation requires a modernized infrastructure and software to execute, manage, connect and protect various workloads across the data center, clouds and devices.
“The rapid evolution of the digital business translates into increasing demands for IT, creating new pressures on organizations to implement the infrastructure required to become digital businesses and remain competitive.” “The close collaboration between Dell EMC and VMware offers powerful data center solutions and service and financing options that streamline infrastructure with a software-driven approach to help mutual customers accelerate innovation and efficiently meet their IT and digital transformation requirements”
Dell EMC’s President.
“Dell EMC and VMware offer comprehensive and complementary portfolios to enable our mutual customers to gain greater value from their IT investments.” “Simplify and accelerate the delivery of IT services to drive positive business results while reducing costs, increase competitiveness and reduce time to market”
Improvements to the Dell EMC VMware solutions portfolio provide mutual customers with the following benefits:
- Simplify and accelerate IT transformation initiatives by upgrading data center infrastructure and VMware environments of any scale with breakthroughs in the hybrid cloud platforms and the entire Dell EMC Hyperconverging (HCI) infrastructure. These enhancements span the broad portfolio of ready-to-use HCI solutions optimized for VMware (Dell EMC VxRail and Dell EMC VxRack SDDC devices), ready-to-use (Dell EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud and Dell EMC Native Hybrid Cloud) and Ready Solutions (Dell EMC VMware Ready ™ systems and Dell EMC vSAN ™ ReadyNodes ™ with the 14th generation of Dell EMC PowerEdge servers).
- Provide data protection for VMware environments with Dell EMC Data Protection Suite for Applications, which provides 5 times faster backups compared to traditional VMware vSphere® direct backup methods. This enables our mutual customers to address the technical and operational challenges associated with the protection of virtualized databases and large-scale mission critical applications that rapidly change, while providing more self-service functionality to application owners and maintains supervision and corporate governance in the hands of IT. Dell EMC Data Protection is also the first VMware partner to provide backup and recovery for workloads running on VMware Cloud on Amazon Web Services.
- Create a scalable infrastructure with intelligent automation and a secure base with Dell EMC vSAN ReadyNodes including the 14th generation of Dell EMC PowerEdge servers. Together with VMware vSAN, the industry-leading software that powers HCI solutions, Dell EMC PowerEdge, the world’s best-selling server portfolio1, speeds response time that generates value and reduces costs and risk. These ready-made nodes are validated and preconfigured basic components that offer the highest level of flexibility to customers who prefer to create and manage their own infrastructures. This represents the first step in transforming the entire Dell EMC hyper-dominant portfolio to the 14th generation of PowerEdge servers by the end of 2017.
- Deliver even more performance, agility and simplicity for VDI environments with XtremIO X2, Dell’s latest generation of specially designed flash EMC fixtures that support up to 40% more VDI users per X-Brick at up to 30% less per desktop computer. With the VMware vSphere plug-in and VMware vRealize coordination features, XtremIO X2 is designed to provide optimized automation and modernization while simplifying the management and monitoring of IT departments with VMware infrastructures.
In addition to enabling Dell EMC and VMware customers to meet IT financing needs, Dell Financial Services (DFS) provides organizations with simple, predictable and flexible ways to embrace new technologies. Whether you want to deploy a hyper-convergent infrastructure solution for the first time, plan a PC upgrade, or modernize a complete data center, DFS has a consumption model tailored to the technology being deployed.
Want to know more about Dell EMC? Click here.